Friday, August 27, 2010

We went back to Baie Vert to do a couple of things that we didn't have time for the first time around. We had people to see and places to go. We visited more friends of Tara's and as always mine now too.

The place we had to go was Second Falls. Tara had been up Second Falls only once when she was younger and knew that I was going to love it. At the beginning of the Falls there are 3 pools with 3 separate falls. So this is actually only the first part of the Falls. So we hiked up the side of the Falls and then hiked up a river. The river isn't very deep so we got to jump from rock to rock the whole way up. I would say it is about 2kms to the top. When we got to the top I was blown away. It is such an amazingly beautiful place. I want to say that it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen, and as you know I have said that a lot. So what I have discovered is that everywhere is beautiful and everywhere has its own type of beauty and it is beautiful. I must say that I am so happy to get to experience such realizations.

After Baie Vert we went to Rocky Harbour, and Rocky Harbour is in Grosse Morne National Park. Rocky Harbour is also the town where my Step Mom was born and still has family there. I called her to ask what there is for us to do while we were there, she had a lot of ideas, but we only had time and energy for some of it. We went to Fjords, which were amazing and breathe taking. We went to a bar at the Ocean View Motel so I could get Screeched in. I got Screeched in but it was just me Tara, Ben (who has a website http://www.bensstudio.ca/ and 2 Bar tenders). Another cool thing about that night was that I ran into a guy that just happened to know a guy that was born and raised in Fort McMurray like me. So he told me his name and then we went over to his house. Yes he was my friend, my friend Mike. I haven't seen him in years, so it was cool getting to see him.

The next day we went driving around the park exploring the scenery, which was beautiful of course. That night we spent the night at my step mom's parents house. We had a great time, they are both great and I must say that I really liked her father, Arch. I liked her mom as well but Arch hit a heart string with me. We spent that night at a campground called Green Point.

The next day we had an appointment at the garage. We needed to get the front brakes replaced and a new front wheel bearing. The other stuff we have had to get fixed so far were the back breaks, some hose and the starter.

The starter had to be changed in Corner Brook. We went to Corner Brook that day. We went to a soccer game that Tara's little cousin was playing at. It was the last game of the season and we got to visit with her Aunt's. When we went back to the Jeep to drive back to our hotel we discovered that the Jeep did not want to start. This had happened when we were in Rocky Harbour, the only difference was that instead of it starting up again right away, we had to walk to the hotel. We were only a 20 minute walk from the hotel so it wasn't to bad. I had to go back the next morning to try and get it started. I have no real idea when it comes to mechanics so I had to called Tara's dad to direct me. His direction was perfect because I got it started. We then got it in a garage that fixed it for us right away, which was greatly appreciated. The scary part about this whole thing was that we had to catch the Ferry to get back to Nova Scotia.

We also had to return the Canoe that we carried all over NFLD. We only used it once which made taking it, pointless.

So we made it to the Ferry in time and left the Island. We were there for 23 days in total and loved every minute of it. We want to go back already, and we already miss all the great people that we met and got to see. I love Newfoundland. I recommend checking it out, it is Absolutely Gorgeous.


Self Defence
Martial Arts
Realworld Self Defence
The Self Defense Company
Canadian Wing Chun Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment