Sunday, August 22, 2010

So after finally reaching as far east as we can go we have now started back west. Like I said before, we were on our way to visit Tara's Nan in Buchans. We stayed there for 3 nights and it was a good relaxing 3 nights.

It wasn't very eventful but we sure needed the rest and relaxation we got. The first night we just hung out, talked and went to bed early. The next day we went into Grandfalls for the day to do some shopping. Nan loves going into town so that's why we did it. Buchans is a small town and doesn't have a whole lot. In its hay day though it was quite the town. It was the first town in NFLD that had running water and flushing toilets. As I mentioned before Nan is 92, what I didn't mention is that she still lives on her own and is still completely independent. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how old we get we are still young. We tend to believe that time spent on earth means we are old, but in fact our souls never age, and you can see this in older people.

Anyways we went to the lake the next day. The lake is very nice, clean and it was quite warm. With all the relaxing I got in a bunch of training and me and Tara did some Chi Sao, which I have been wanting to do for a while. It was just a nice visit and we are going to miss Nan.

Also while we were there I got a job offer for Section Repair training in Africa. Section Repair is the job I did before I left Fort McMurray and it is Fixing the the biggest tires in the world all the way down to loader tires. I don't know all the details but I do know it sounds cool and it would be another place for us to experience.

Self Defence
Martial Arts
Realworld Self Defence
The Self Defense Company
Canadian Wing CHun Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment