Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sorry for not writing in a while but we don't have internet where we are staying, and when we do get to a place with internet Tara usually has alot to do and by the time she is done I don't feel like doing anything with the computer. I am actually quite surprised with myself as far how much writing I have done on this blog. I didn't really like writing before, probably because I related it to school and I did not like school. Well I did like recess, lunch, physed and talking when I wan't supposed to.

Anyways this past week has been great. We went to all the classes plus one 3 hour private lesson. Wing Chun is so awesome and we are learning alot. Like I said before Sifu Chuck is great. He really knows his stuff and he teaches it so well. He gives you all the secrets, which is greatly appreciated. There are so many little things that increases your power, balance and stability. This is truely an art that you can spend a life time mastering. The main difference between the Self Defense that we teach and any art certainly is the time needed to become effective in it. I love martial arts though and that is why I train so much. Like The Self Defense company says "Minimal Training, Maximum Effect."

On to other things we've been up to. We have been looking for an apartment for 2 weeks now and we still don't have a place. We do have a place that we want but there are 2 other couples that might get it. It is so perfect, it is a one bedroom for $700 a month and it is within walking distance from the Club. By the way the club is called Heritage Martial Arts. Oh and my Sifu's web page is www.kwwingchun.com, if you want to check it out. It has been quite stressful trying to find a place. We don't have a vehicle as I'm sure you have realized this by now, so this makes it a bit harder to go see places. Basically we take buses and ride our bikes to all the places. Mainly we try to stick to the area that we are training at but have looked at other parts of the city.

This weekend we went to the club for JKD training. It turned into a Kali session but it was cool. We did some stick forms, knife disarms, and some empty hand. Every second weekend Sifu teaches Jeet Kune Do, so we will try to make it to as many as possible. My Sifu is also in the proccess of making instructional videos for Wing Chun if anyone is interested. The Wing Chun he teaches is from the Yip Man, Moy Yat line. The other thing we did this weekend was go to Yuk Yuk's. The main act was hilarious, his name is Andy Boorke. He was very dirty, he reminded us of Joe Rogan but different material obviously.

I hope that what I am going to be writing about in the next few months will still be interesting since we are no longer traveling. Well atleast not till June. I will keep writing and because we will have a place I will probably write more about what is on my mind at not so much about what exciting things were doing, because mainly we will be training. I will ask my Sifu if it is okay to go into more detail about the training we are receiving so that I can teach you somethings. Actually I will probably tell you more stuff about self defense anyways but hopefully I can add some Wing Chun to the mix.

Talk to you again soon.

Martial Arts
Self Defense
Joe Self Defense
The Self Defense Company

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo!

    Very happy for you and I hope everythings will be fine for 2010.

    Still wayting your visit in Quebec when you'll be in your way to New Foundland.

    J.P.

    ReplyDelete