Friday, October 9, 2009

Just yesterday me and Tara finished 3 days of Wing Chun training. We did about 8 hours each day, so you could say we are pretty frigin sore now. Our Sifu is amazing! He knows his stuff so well, and he is a really really great guy. He has already done so much for us outside of teaching. I could go on all day giving praise to him. I am just so glad that we found him. As of right now we have decided to stay in Kitchener instead of going to Montreal because of Sifu. I have tried getting a hold of other Wing Chun teachers in Montreal but no one has responded. That doesn't give me a very good feeling so I can't see why I would want to go train with them.

I guess I forgot to mention my Sifu's name, his name is Chuck O'Neill. Another good thing about getting to train with him is that I will also get to learn Jeet Kune Do, Kali stick work and a wide range of other things. He has also done alot of body guarding, for example his was a body guard for Chuck Liddel.

We don't start training again till Tuesday night and I already miss it. We will be doing all the evening classes and one 3 hour private lesson for the next 3 weeks, and there will be 2 Jeet Kune Do classes on 2 Saturdays. I'm so happy to have found this place and my new Sifu. Another thing that we might get to do this month is go to Toronto to train with Sifu Chuck's Sifu.

I will add one last thing. Tara did a very good job training, she picked up on the teachings well and she never gave up the whole time. What a trooper she keeps impressing me and I am so glad she was there with me and I hope she sticks with it. I'm pretty sure she well, probably not to the extent that I will but still she will learn alot more in the next 6 months.

Staying here is still a maybe, were 97% sure were staying.

Self Defense
Martial Arts
Joe Self Defense
The Self Defense Company

No comments:

Post a Comment